- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
‘4 Our Kids’ donates to Cocalico
4 Our Kids, an organization formed to assist with the effort of the No Child Left Behind educational initiative, recently presented the Cocalico School District with a generous $500 donation.
This donation was given to the 4 Our Kids organization and was earmarked for use by Cocalico students needing to participate in summer school for credit recovery purposes.
The generous gift was used to help three economically disadvantaged students pay for summer school courses. Two full scholarships and one partial scholarship were awarded. Students applied for the scholarships by completing an application and writing a short essay. Cocalico High School guidance counselors reviewed the applications and determined the recipients.
The Cocalico High School Summer School is a program in which students spend a majority of time completing online coursework at home in order to recover credits from the previous school year. Students are also required to attend at least four hours of class time per week with a certified teacher in the online learning lab. They must also complete a final exam in the learning lab. Students receive high school credit for each course that is passed, which helps them stay on track for graduating on time with their peers.
4 Our Kids organization began in 2012 and sponsored 10 students in the Ephrata Area School District. This year, due to individual donations and fundraising activities, they were able to expand their reach into the neighboring Cocalico community.
For more information on how you can donate to 4 Our Kids, contact Carol Stark at 859-3237.