- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Acts of Love summer lunch program starts
The Acts of Love Summer Lunch Program takes place from noon to 1 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at Reamstown, Denver and Reinholds Parks. This is the third year for the program.
"Participation is up 85 percent from last year," said coordinator Rev. Joe Veres, Pastor of Faith United Lutheran Church in Denver. "Although the program was started and focuses on children participating in the federal lunch program, others are invited and welcome," Veres said. "Helpers are needed for preparation, delivery and distribution of the lunches."
The main dish on the photo is Stromboli, which the girls smiled and said was, "good." For more information or to register your child call Pastor Veres at 336-2141.