- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Adamstown library is twisted with Twistie
Children ages 4 and up got to meet the pretzel mascot Twistie from Auntie Anne’s and learned how to roll and twist pretzels, before enjoying one of these delicious treats on Aug. 5.
Twistee is part of a series of programs at the Adamstown Area Library that are sponsored by the Library System of Lancaster. Previously Cylo from the Barnstormers and children’s book character Hedgie the Hedghog have visited the library.
The next event at the Adamstown Area Library will be Aug. 13 for the Bedtime Math Pajama party for ages 3 to 6 at 6:30 p.m. and Oct. 26 at 10:30 a.m. for The Strasburg Railroad Museum "Workin’ on the Railroad" for kindergarden through sixth grade.
The children-oriented programs are over and above the weekly and biweekly programs the Adamstown Area Library offers like pre-school, toddler and baby storytimes, children’s book club, walk-in craft and more.
The Adamstown Area Library is located in the Adamstown Borough Office building at 3000 North Reading Rd.