- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Back to school?
Registration for all new students entering the Cocalico School District for the 2013-2014 school year will be held during the week of July 22 to 25 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
Elementary students should register at the school located within their attendance area. Middle school and high school students should register in their respective schools. If you are uncertain of your attendance area, call 336-1574 for assistance.
All students entering school for the first time and all out-of-state students should bring their state-issued birth certificate and record of immunizations to registration.
Immunization requirements for the 2013-2014 school year are as follows:
Kindergarten through 12th grade: four doses DPT (Diphtheria/Pertussis/Tetanus) with last dose on or after the 4th birthday; three doses Polio vaccine; two doses measles, mumps, (one dose rubella) usually as MMR with first dose on or after first birthday; three doses hepatitis B vaccine, properly spaced and two doses Varicella (chickenpox) or history of disease with first dose on or after first birthday.
In addition to all requirements listed above, seventh grade students need one dose Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis) if five years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization and one dose meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV).
The first day of school for students is Monday, August 26. School will be in session for the full day.