- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Can it, kids!
Every summer, campers from YMCAs in Berks County hold a summer camp challenge. This summer, camps battled it out in a canned food drive. Adamstown YMCA summer campers spent one day every week doing a fundraiser to help collect canned goods. Activities included carwashes, lemonade stands, Christmas caroling in July, writing letters, Read A-thon and delivering posters to local businesses. The campers set a goal to collect 1,000 canned goods by Aug. 5. With the collection of 2,137 cans, all of their hard work paid off. All items were donated to Ephrata Area Social Services.