- This summer, at the movies…
- Easter Egg Hunt List
- Irish dance showcase at Warwick High School
- Roots and Blues 2017
- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
Cocalico kindergarten registration planned
All children residing in the Cocalico School District who will be five years of age before Sept.1 are eligible to begin kindergarten in the fall. Registration is by appointment only and will be held in each of the elementary schools on the following dates:
• Denver Elementary on April 9 and 10
• Adamstown Elementary on April 10 and 11
• Reamstown Elementary on April 14 and 15
Parents and students should attend the registration. Parents need to bring their child’s birth certificate, immunization documentation and proof of residency. Examples of proof of residency include a deed, a lease, current utility bill, current credit card bill, property tax bill, vehicle registration, driver’s license, or DOT identification card.
If your child is eligible to begin kindergarten in the fall and you have not received any registration information, call the school your child will be attending as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
• Adamstown Elementary at 484-1601
• Denver Elementary at 336-1501
• Reamstown Elementary at 336-1531
In addition, the Cocalico School District will be hosting Kindergarten Fun Days at each of its Elementary Schools. This is a great way for incoming 2014 kindergartners to meet fellow classmates, tour the classrooms of their building and participate in educational activities. Call the school your child will be attending to register. The dates and times are as follows:
• Adamstown Elementary School on April 22 at 5:30 p.m.
• Reamstown Elementary School on April 23 at 6 p.m.
• Denver Elementary School on April 24 at 6 p.m.
The final Pre-Kindergarten Workshop is scheduled for March 25. The reading and writing workshop will be held at Reamstown Elementary School from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Parents with children entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2014 who reside in the Cocalico School District are encouraged to attend together. Email Kristin_slovik@cocalico.org or call her at 336-1505 to register.