- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Cocalico pre-K workshops
If you live in the Cocalico School District and have a child entering kindergarten in the fall of 2013, join the staff of the Cocalico School District for March pre-k workshops.
In order to allow incoming kindergarten students to become more comfortable with the elementary schools that they will be attending, each Cocalico elementary school will be offering a workshop focused on learning letters and sounds. During this workshop, children and parents will have the opportunity to work through centers focused on learning letters and sounds in addition to having the chance to tour the kindergarten classrooms and meet the school’s current kindergarten teachers.
The workshops are planned for the following dates: March 25 at 5:30 p.m. at Adamstown Elementary School; March 26 at 6 p.m. at Denver Elementary School; and March 27 at 6 p.m. at Reamstown Elementary School. Each workshop will be the same, so children should attend the workshop at the school he or she will be attending in the fall.
Both parents and incoming kindergarten students should attend. Unfortunately, the school is unable to provide babysitting for siblings.
Please call 336-1505 or e-mail Janice Boyer at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the workshop or to gain additional information. Please register by March 21, 2013 so that we can ensure that enough materials are available.