- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Cocalico starts Art Honor Society
This year, the Cocalico art department established a local chapter of The National Art Honor Society, a national club specifically for the purpose of inspiring and recognizing those students who have shown outstanding ability in art. It recognizes artistic talents and leadership roles for the visual arts, while spotlighting the success and community work of Cocalico’s art program.
The requirements to participate included submitting a writing sample explaining why the student wants to become a member of the club and what special talents the student can offer to the club. Students were invited to join if they have a minimum of one art class a semester and an A average in art class. They also submitted a visual portfolio of eight pieces of art representing their work.
The new club is looking forward to service, academic, and public relations activities. These will include working on the school mural, showcasing, and creating projects to sell at school fundraisers. The club would also like to visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art and welcome guest artists and speakers from a variety of universities and colleges.