- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Community support lifts baby Evelyn’s family
The local community has come through for a family whose daughter is facing a long, medical battle.
Evelyn Gromlich was born in January with Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia, which is a rare and complex combination of congenital (present at birth) heart defects. She is the daughter of Thane and Abby Gromlich and has a sister, Brooke, 2.
A well-attended and successful benefit was held Aug. 23 at R Place, 336 Main St., Denver.
Owner Robyn Landean said the event was “excellent.”
“We had several donations,” she said, “including a Jeep, six months paid rent, an overnight at a bed and breakfast, gas cards, a Shady Maple gift card and Wawa, Sheetz, and Giant gift cards.”
Landean said the Jeep is an older model, but just what the family needs.
Other donations included tickets to Hershey Park and Dutch Wonderland.
“We also collected tons of diapers, wipes and monetary donations,” she said. “The event was awesome!”
Landean said Evelyn was unable to attend the event because she was in the hospital.
“She was rushed to the ER Friday night, so she wasn’t at the event,” Landean said. “Abby’s mom went to the hospital so Abby and Thane and Brooke could be there. Evy is doing much better, so she should be released today (Monday). She had a virus.”
Evelyn has had three surgeries so far, and will have to face at least 13 more.
For those unable to attend the benefit, donations can be mailed to: Berean Bible Church, 2675 East High St., Pottstown, Pa. 19464. Gromlich’s Assistance Fund should be noted in the subject line.