- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Cox to speak to Cocalico GOP
State Rep. James Cox, from western Berks County, will be the guest speaker at the Cocalico Area Republican Committee’s spring banquet.
Cox, who was elected to the Pennsylvania House in 2006, will address the committee on Friday, April 11 at Weaver Markets banquet facility.
The annual event, which kicks off at 6 p.m. with a social hour and dinner at 7 p.m., provides all funding for the Cocalico Area Republican Committee.
Cox’s priority list includes the elimination of the school property tax and reducing fraud and misuse of funds in programs designed to help the neediest members of our society.
The National Federation of Independent Business named Cox a “Guardian of Small Business.” The American Conservative Union called him a “Defender of Liberty,” and he was named a “Friend of Agriculture” by the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau.
The accolades continue for Cox who was also named “Statesman of the Year” by the Pennsylvanians Right to Work. The National Rifle Association graded him an A-rated legislator.
The committee invites the public to come meet local and Washington representatives and candidates and encourages residents to volunteer to help the Cocalico Area Republican Committee.
Tickets may be reserved my mailing a check -made out to CARC – including name and address to: Mrs. Betty Weaver, 124 N. Reamstown Road, Stevens, Pa. 17578.
Tickets are $30 per person and discounted to $20 each for anyone 25 years old or younger. You may be listed as a patron (maximum 30 spaces) for an additional $20. If you’d like to help, please indicate that on your order.
Reservations must be received no later than Mon., April 7. For more information call Betty or Barry Weaver at (717) 336-3496.