- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue welcomes volunteers
Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue will hold an orientation for new volunteers interested in helping with its various programs.
The orientation will be Saturday May 17 starting at 10 a.m. at its Golden Gateway campus, located at 60 Vera Cruz Road, Reinholds. In addition, an appreciation picnic will be held following the orientation for all new and current DVGRR volunteers.
During the orientation, DVGRR staff members will present information about the roles and responsibilities of various volunteer teams including transportation, Project Home Life, dog walking and fundraising event planning. Senior Sessions, another volunteer program, offers the opportunity for families with children ages 10 to 17 to interact with senior dogs in the program.
“Volunteers are a critical component to the success of our programs,” said Sara Braverman, DVGRR board president and volunteer coordinator, “and we sincerely appreciate the time and energy they donate to DVGRR. We always look forward to welcoming new volunteers.”
For more information about DVGRR’s volunteer opportunities, or to reply for the orientation session or appreciation picnic, contact Sara Braverman at firstname.lastname@example.org.