- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Denver Fair updates
Come on down and give a "slap" to Slapshot, the mascot of the Reading Royals, the 2013 Kelly Cup champions.
Slapshot will be on the fair grounds Sept. 12 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Guests can also enter baked goods with honey and apiary products to the Denver Fair. Categories include bees, honey, beeswax and baked goods that incluide honey. Contact Charlie Messner with Questions at 336-0424.
Baked good helpers are also needed. Volunteers are needed for two-hour shifts during the week of Sept. 10 through 14 – primarily Sept. 9 in the late afternoon and early evening. Volunteers would be a check-in helper in the Denver Rec Center, to help with baked good checking in, registration, etc.
Call 859-4504, leave name and phone number and someone will call back with details.
There is also a revision for page 66 and 67 of the fair book, department 22 for both flower patch and pumpkin patch. First price is $5, second is $4, third is $3 and the grand prize is a rosette. All participants will be awarded a ribbon.