- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Donald MacLeod, former pres. and CEO of Bollman, dies
Donald G. MacLeod, 83, of Stevens, died Sunday night, Sept. 22, 2013 at Reading Hospital, surrounded by his family.
Born Jan. 12, 1930, in Brockville, Ontario, Canada, he was the son of the late N.J. Campbell MacLeod and Harriet A. (Higginson) MacLeod.
Don’s entire career was spent in the headwear industry, retiring in 1988 from Bollman Hat Company of Adamstown, as the President and CEO. He enjoyed his retirement years at his farm raising Highland Cattle.
He is survived by his loving wife of 29 years, Charlotte R. (Ebbert) MacLeod; along with his six children: M. Margo, wife of Gerard N. Eisenhard; J. Alexander; C. Morgan, wife of T. Randall Roberts; Marla D., wife of David L. Riegel; Angus D., husband of Donna M. MacLeod and H. Mason Monteiro; 10 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
Services will be private at the convenience of the family. Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Auer Cremation Services of PA, Inc.