- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
ECH to offer diabetes class
Ephrata Community Hospital will offer a "Taking Charge of Your Diabetes" class on Wednesdays, Sept. 25-Oct. 10 from 9-11 a.m., at the Cocalico Center for Health.
This program is designed for people with diabetes and provides essential day-to-day skills for better control. Activities include 10 hours of group instruction, initial assessment with a registered dietitian and registered nurse, and follow-up. A family member or friend may attend with you, free of charge. The American Diabetes Association recognizes this education service as meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education.
This program is covered by Medicare, Medical Assistance, and most health insurance plans. To register, call Ephrata Community Hospital’s Wellness Center at 336-6578 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The center is located at 63 West Church Street in Stevens.