- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
‘Echoes of the Past’ seminar to be held
Walter and Jay Shirk with Tri-County Heritage Society will present "Echoes of the Past" Nov. 19 at 1:30 p.m. at Colonial Lodge in Denver.
The Shirk’s interest began a few years ago when Poole Forge was acquired by Caernarvon Township. The limekiln on the property was suffering from years of neglect. The kiln sparked the interest of Jay and Walter in these ancient structures and they started working together to see how many limekilns still existed. They also photograph mile markers, town signs, township signs, county markers, covered bridges and other items. They will be sharing pictures and a power point presentation and talking about their adventures during their travels.
The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
Colonial Lodge is located at 2015 North Reading Road in Denver.