- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Friends host Bucks for Books event
Friends of the Adamstown Area Library will hold their eighth annual Bucks for Books dinner and auction to benefit the Adamstown Area Library Nov. 9 at Stoudt’s Black Angus in Adamstown.
A preview begins at 4 p.m. followed by dinner at 5:15 p.m. The auction, under the direction of auctioneers Art Pannebecker and Brad Wolf, will begin at 6:30 p.m. Tickets for the dinner are $40. Walk-ins for the auction are welcome after 6 p.m. at no charge. There will be a cash raffle with prizes ranging from $300 to $100. Raffle tickets are $2 each or three for $5. Tickets are available from friends board members or at the Adamstown library.
There will also be a live and silent auction. Items include Twisted Sassafras cane by Pastor Dennis Trout, a Cloister birdhouse, knitted and crocheted items, pottery by Ned Foltz, gift certificates to local restaurants, tickets to the Reading Phillies and Royals, birthday parties, poolside parties, dinners, golf certificates, gift baskets a Cape Cod vacation and more.
For more information on Bucks for Books, visit friendsaalibrary.net.