- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Gable selected as Lions student of the month
Recently, the East Cocalico Lions Club honored Layne Gable as a Student of the Month.
Layne is the daughter of Greg and Heidi Gable and is a senior at Cocalico High School. She is a member of the Eagles’ Varsity Swim team and participates in the Future Business Leaders of America. She is also a member of the National Honor Society.
In addition to receiving this honor from the East Cocalico Lions, Layne has been recognized as a Student of the Month for the school’s Math and English departments. Even though she is very active in school, she believes in the Lions Club’s motto, "We Serve," by volunteering and helping at the Lititz Senior Center.
Her future plans include attending Dickinson College or Lafayette College.
Each month, the East Cocalico Lions Club honors a student for his or her achievements and for being one of Cocalico High School’s and the community’s finest. Each student is presented with a certificate and a monetary gift. Awarding a Student of the Month is just one of many ways in which the East Cocalico Lions serve the youth of their community. Anyone interested in finding out more about the East Cocalico Lions joining may call 336-5311 or visit eastcocalicolions.org.