- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Garland Huffman, Korea vet, was VFW Commander dies
Garland M. Huffman, 82, formerly of Bowmansville, died Saturday, Dec. 15 at Union Hospital in Elkton, Md.
Born in Konnarock, Va. he was the son of the late John F. and Mahalia (Francis) Huffman.
Garland was a machine operator for many years. He served in the Army during the Korean War and was former Commander and life member of the Adamstown VFW and the Morgantown American Legion Post #537.
Surviving are three siblings: Garnie Huffman, Moneita, Va, Mary Walters, Howard N.Y., and Irene Hammond, Lancaster as well as numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by eight siblings.
Services were held Dec. 19 at the Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill with the Rev. Dr. Allen P. Dickerson officiating. Interment followed in Bowmansville Union Cemetery.
Arrangements entrusted to Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill.