- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Great day for a Schoeneck parade
The annual Memorial Day parade and memorial service sponsored by the Schoeneck Veteran’s Memorial Association unfolded on a lovely May morning.
The parade formed at 8:30 a.m. at the carnival grounds and stepped off at 9, with veterans riding on a parade float. The Heidelberg Band performed.
The memorial service was held at the military memorial, located at the Schoeneck Park entrance. This year’s speaker was Lewis B. Alston, the Chaplain of the USMC, Lancaster County Detachment 294. Free refreshments were available at the conclusion of the memorial service.
The SVMA offered the following items for sale: dedication booklets, commemorative bricks, dedication DVD, WWII memorial photographs, tree sponsorships and pre-designated donations in honor and in memory of loved ones. Proceeds benefit the SVMA and the upkeep of the war memorial.
More PARADE, page A11