- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Harold Noll, well-known E.C. official, Lion, dies Harold E. Noll
Harold E. Noll, 71, of Reamstown, died Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2011 in Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Reamstown, a son of the late Howard H. Noll and Daisy Mae (Rathman) Noll Russell, he was the husband of Sandra J. (Hagy) Noll for 52 years.
A 1958 Cocalico High School graduate, he received his associates degree from Franklin & Marshall College in 1984. An active member of St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational Church, he served as head of the kitchen committee and was known for his passion for cooking. Harold worked 35 years for Walter W. Moyer and then Gerber, Ephrata. A past president of the East Cocalico Lions Club, he received the 1985 Lion of the Year and 1998 Melvin Jones Fellow Awards. He also served on the East Cocalico Township Water and Sewer Authority and was a former township auditor. Most of all, he cherished his family and time with his grandchildren.
Also surviving are a daughter: Lori A., wife of Nelson L. Leisey Jr., of Ephrata; grandchildren: Shawna J. Lausch, Justin R. Lausch, Heather M. Honberger, Dustin L. Leisey and Daniel R. Leisey; five great-grandchildren; and sisters: Harriet B. Sensenig, of Stevens; and Hazel A. Sensenig, of Denver.
Funeral services were held on Sept. 24 at St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational Church, Reamstown, with his pastor, The Rev. Kirk R. Marks, officiating. Burial followed in Salem Union Cemetery, Reamstown.
Rather than flowers, remember Harold with contributions to the Kidney Foundation of Central Pennsylvania, 4813 Jonestown Road, Suite 101, Harrisburg, PA 17109-1700 or his church building fund at the above address.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.