- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Annual spring sale for Adamstown book worms
Italian feast benefits pet therapy
Union Barrel Works of Reamstown will host the Italian feast spring dinner to benefit KPETS-Keystone Pet Enhanced Therapy Services on March 4 from 3 to 6 p.m.
Seating is limited seating at this five-course fundraising dinner; each course accompanied by Union Barrel Works beer (wine substitution available upon request). Tickets are $50 each or a table of eight for $375. Sponsorships are also available.
Proceeds from the event benefit KPETS, a local non-profit organization that promotes and provides free pet therapy visits to communities in hospitals, schools, libraries, hospices and long-term care facilities. Registered volunteers and their pets serve the elderly, at-risk teens, special needs children and adults and work with patients in physical, occupational, speech and cognitive therapies. Funding is needed for KPETS to continue recruiting, training, screening and registering of volunteers as well as coordinating those volunteer with facilities and needs in communities, without a fee to those served.
Call KPETS at (888) 685-7387 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets by Feb. 24.