- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Kindles arrive at Adamstown Library
The Friends of the Adamstown Area Library recently purchased six Kindles for patrons of the library.
Each Kindle comes with an array of eBooks from the New York Times Best Seller lists for fiction and nonfiction, inspirational books and classics. The patented E Ink Peral display technology makes the Kindles easy to use and reading in bright sunlight a breeze.
It’s easy to check one out as well. All patrons need to do is sign a Kindle agreement and then check it out the same way they would for other library items.
The Kindles have been available at the library for less than a month and are already very popular. The librarians are eager to help patrons learn how to use this new piece of technology.