- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Lions install new officers
Past district governor Bruce Carpenter and the East Cocalico Lions Club recently installed officers for the Lionistic year of 2013-2014.
Lion Brent Porter became the 70th president of the club which was chartered in 1944 and is part of the largest international service organization in the world. It’s made up of over 1.35 million men and women covering 207 countries and geographic areas.
Other officers installed were secretary Bruce Carpenter; treasurer Ray Kunkel; 1st vice president William Young; 2nd vice president Mark Janke; 3rd vice president Forest Troyer; Lion tamers Joe Boose and Robin Shepard; tail twisters Charlie Cutts and John Danielson; two year directors Ron Horning and Ray Wolf; one year directors Leroy Berger and Sean Gallagher; and membership chairperson Dennis Ensigner. The club would like to congratulate Immediate past president Bob Weaver for the excellent job he did the past year as president.
To find out more about the East Cocalico Lions or would like to join, call 336-5311 or visit them on the web at eastcocalicolions.org.