- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Meet and Greet the Goldens set for Jan.14
Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue (DVGRR) will hold a Meet and Greet the Goldens event on Jan. 14 from 10 a.m. through noon at its facility in Reinholds.
Many Golden Retrievers of all ages and sizes are hoping to find warm loving forever homes. The public is invited to see and interact with the dogs currently available for adoption. Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue is a non-profit organization dedicated to new beginnings for displaced Golden Retrievers.
Tours of Golden Gateway, the halfway house where the dogs live and are cared for while awaiting new homes, will be conducted during the event. Look for some post-holiday bargains and find fresh new merchandise in Pap’s Place, DVGRR’s on-site retail center. It is well-stocked with clothing, toys, treats and accessories for both pooches and their people. Food will be available for purchase in the BLT’s food area.
The Meet and Greet is an opportunity to see the variations in age, size, activity level and personality among Golden Retrievers. Adoptions may be made to pre-approved applicants. However, most adoptions will be finalized within a short period after the event. Approved applicants are encouraged to come early to meet the dogs and sign up for ones in which they have an interest by 11:30 a.m.. Other persons considering adoptions will also have the opportunity to meet the dogs and complete applications on site.
Visitors are encouraged and welcome, but should not bring other dogs with them. Only DVGRR dogs awaiting adoption are permitted on the property that day.
Golden Gateway is located at 60 Vera Cruz Road, Reinholds, just off Route 897. Detailed directions and adoption applications are available at dvgrr.org or by calling 484-4799.