- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Annual spring sale for Adamstown book worms
National Drug Take Back Day set
East Cocalico Police Department will serve as a drop-off site for unused and outdated prescription drugs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 29.
The police department is located at the rear of the East Cocalico municipal building at 100 Hill Road, just off Route 272.
"Citizens are using these Take Back Days to clean out cabinets of unused and expired prescription drugs. We are always impressed with the good response," said Sergeant Ray Burns, who coordinates the project.
Flushing outdated medicines down the toilet contributes to water pollution and is not a safe method of disposal.
Any questions about the Take Back Day may be directed to Sgt. Burns at 336-1725.