- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Next pre-kindergarten workshop set The staff of the Cocalico School District will offer the next parent and children workshop for those entering kindergarten in fall 2012 at Adamstown Elementary School on Jan. 12.
The topic will be Working with Letters and Sounds. Participants may drop in between 4 and 6 p.m. Centers take approximately one hour to complete.
These workshops provide parents with an opportunity to spend some fun quality time with their child working through centers, meeting other incoming kindergarteners and their parents and learning about activities that can make the transition to school easier for everyone. Workshops are open to all pre-kindergarten students and their parents throughout the Cocalico School District.
Another workshop on the topic of kidwriting will be offered on Feb. 13, 2012 at Denver Elementary School.
In addition, the Cocalico School District will also offer workshops at each of the elementary schools. The content of these workshops will be the same at each school. Because the classrooms will be open for visitation, pre-kindergarten students and their parents are encouraged to visit the school the child will attend.
The locations and dates are as follows:
Adamstown Elementary School — March 26 at 5 or 6 p.m. The kindergarten classrooms will be open from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Reamstown Elementary School — March 28 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The kindergarten classrooms will be open.
Denver Elementary School — March 29 at 6 p.m. The kindergarten classrooms will be open.
Call 336-1403 to register for the workshops or for additional information.