- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Pre-kindergarten workshops to be held at Cocalico schools
The staff of the Cocalico School District is offering workshops for all pre-kindergarten students and their parents throughout the district for those entering kindergarten in fall 2012 to make the transition to school easier.
The workshops will include:
Nov. 8 — What to Teach Your Child: Kindergarten Readiness — drop in at Reamstown Elementary School between 4 and 6 p.m. (centers take approximately one hour to complete).
Jan. 12, 2012 — Working with Letters and Sounds — drop in at Adamstown Elementary School between 4 and 6 p.m. (centers take approximately one hour to complete)
Feb. 13, 2012 — Kid Writing — 6 p.m. at Denver Elementary School.
In addition, the Cocalico School District will also offer workshops at each of the elementary schools. Because the classrooms will be open for visitation, pre-kindergarten students and their parents are encouraged to visit the school the child will attend.
The locations and dates are as follows:
March 26, 2012 — Workshops will be held at 5 or 6 p.m. at Adamstown Elementary School. The kindergarten classrooms will be open from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
March 28, 2012 — Workshop will be held from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Reamstown Elementary School. Kindergarten classrooms will be open.
March 29 — Workshop will be held at 6 p.m. at Denver Elementary School. Kindergarten classrooms will be open.
Call 336-1403 to register for the workshops or for additional information.