- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
- Everyone wins at the Souper Bowl
- Grammy-winning Brits to rock The Main in Ephrata
- Taste of the Town: Happy Holidays from Miner’s Club and Iron Valley Tubing
- Sweigart foundation awards $405,000 in grants for 2015
- Not a silent night…East Cocalico supervisors field questions in lively last meeting before holiday
- ‘Star Wars’ fans out in Force for opening night
Programs take shape at Horizons
HORIZONS is teaming up with the Ephrata Community Hospital Wellness Center, local medical providers and aging service organizations to present a wealth of information and resources that will empower seniors to improve their health, live independently and stay active in our communities.
The following programs will be offered…
1) "Get Movin…With Country Line Dancing" at the Ephrata Rec Center June 29. There is no fee to join and will give participants a look at what they can expect if they sign up for a four-week session, which will run every Wednesday from July 6 through July 27. The four-week course will be offered at a cost of $19 per class. Call the center at 733-1168 or the Cocalico Senior Center at 336-7489 if interested in attending.
2) "What You Should Know About Long-Term Care Before You Need It" will be held July 14 at 6 p.m. at Denver Borough Hall.When your parent or loved one can no longer care for themselves — get the facts about short-term, rehab and skilled care nursing home stays and how to manage the finances.
The program will be presented by Jerry Reinhold, the admissions director of the Denver Nursing Home, and Holly Deimler, a personal care manager. Call HORIZONS at 335-2336 to register.
3) "Could You or Someone You Know Use Help Paying for Food?" will be held July 18 at 10 a.m. at the Cocalico Area Senior Center.
Find out if you qualify for SNAP (food stamps). Get contact information about local low-income food provider programs, such as Angel Food Ministries, EASS, etc. Call the center at 336-7489 for more information.
4) "Life Line Screening…Take Control of Your Life" will be held Aug. 22 at the Reinholds Banquet Facility (next to the center). Learn risks of stroke or vascular disease through five painless, non-invasive health screenings that are not typically part of a routine physical.
Tests will screen for osteoporosis, heart rhythm, stoke/carotid artery, abdominal aortic aneurism and peripheral arterial disease. The price for the tests ranges from $35 to $159. Pre-register by calling 1-800-690-6313.
About Ephrata Review
Ephrata Youth Soccer Spring Registration
Children of all ages, sizes and skill levels are invited...
- Posted February 8, 2016
Eagles down PM, fall to Rams in District quarters
Cocalico had less than an hour Tuesday night at Central...
Lady Mounts dump Mares, clinch Section Two title
For the third time in the last eight years, the...
Jones Captures L-L Gold
Cocalico places eight, Ephrata four Ephrata junior Austin Jones was...
Carrie Willetts takes over at WellSpan
Carrie E. Willetts hit the ground running when she took...
Cocalico regional leaders receive library update
The Jan. 27 Cocalico Regional Leaders meeting was a learning...
Cost-savings steps taken by Cocalico School Board
The Cocalico School Board last week approved several cost-saving measures...
- Posted February 3, 2016