- This summer, at the movies…
- Easter Egg Hunt List
- Irish dance showcase at Warwick High School
- Roots and Blues 2017
- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
Programs take shape at Horizons
HORIZONS is teaming up with the Ephrata Community Hospital Wellness Center, local medical providers and aging service organizations to present a wealth of information and resources that will empower seniors to improve their health, live independently and stay active in our communities.
The following programs will be offered…
1) "Get Movin…With Country Line Dancing" at the Ephrata Rec Center June 29. There is no fee to join and will give participants a look at what they can expect if they sign up for a four-week session, which will run every Wednesday from July 6 through July 27. The four-week course will be offered at a cost of $19 per class. Call the center at 733-1168 or the Cocalico Senior Center at 336-7489 if interested in attending.
2) "What You Should Know About Long-Term Care Before You Need It" will be held July 14 at 6 p.m. at Denver Borough Hall.When your parent or loved one can no longer care for themselves — get the facts about short-term, rehab and skilled care nursing home stays and how to manage the finances.
The program will be presented by Jerry Reinhold, the admissions director of the Denver Nursing Home, and Holly Deimler, a personal care manager. Call HORIZONS at 335-2336 to register.
3) "Could You or Someone You Know Use Help Paying for Food?" will be held July 18 at 10 a.m. at the Cocalico Area Senior Center.
Find out if you qualify for SNAP (food stamps). Get contact information about local low-income food provider programs, such as Angel Food Ministries, EASS, etc. Call the center at 336-7489 for more information.
4) "Life Line Screening…Take Control of Your Life" will be held Aug. 22 at the Reinholds Banquet Facility (next to the center). Learn risks of stroke or vascular disease through five painless, non-invasive health screenings that are not typically part of a routine physical.
Tests will screen for osteoporosis, heart rhythm, stoke/carotid artery, abdominal aortic aneurism and peripheral arterial disease. The price for the tests ranges from $35 to $159. Pre-register by calling 1-800-690-6313.