- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Annual spring sale for Adamstown book worms
Reamstown Pre-K Counts accepts applications
Cocalico School District is accepting applications for its PA Pre-K Counts preschool program for the 2012-13 school year. This state-funded initiative provides FREE quality preschool to eligible children residing in the Cocalico School District. PA Pre-K Counts is designed for children who are 4 years old as of Sept. 1, 2012 and are at risk of school failure because of income (300 percent of the federal poverty level or a family of four earning $69,150 or less).
The program will be held at Reamstown Elementary School for half days beginning on Aug. 27. A total of 30 children will be accepted into the preschool classroom. Bus transportation will be provided to those children living in the Reamstown attendance area.
Interested parents and guardians should apply now to have their child considered for enrollment for the 2012-13 school year. Applications are available at the Cocalico School District elementary schools, the central administration office and on the Cocalico School District website at cocalico.org. Questions can be directed to Ella Musser, assistant superintendent for curriculum, instruction and assessment, at 336-1403.