- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Reinholds foster parent charged
As reported in a Lancaster newspaper Oct. 2, a county official indicated that Joshua Martin, accused of beating his 3-year-old foster daughter Belle over multiple days last month, was screened by Children & Youth Services as an ideal candidate for foster parenting with his wife, Marla.
Martin, 23, of Reinholds, was incarcerated on $500,000 bail after police charged him with aggravated assault and endangering children. Martin’s wife faces no criminal charges.
According to police documents, Martin admitted punching Belle and slamming her head into a door frame as a result of misbehavior.
Belle’s two siblings are currently residing with another foster family as Belle battles for survival in a medically induced coma at Hershey Medical Center. Members of Belle’s birth family reported she is in critical condition, suffering from severe brain swelling.
A Facebook page created Friday called "Prayers for Belle" has more than 3,000 "likes" offering support for Belle and her family. Information on how to donate toward the family’s travel costs to and from the hospital is included on the page.
There will be a prayer vigil Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. at Sam Lewis Park, Wrightsville.