Reinholds man electrocuted while working at West Cocalico home

By on July 27, 2016

A Reinholds man was electrocuted while working on a home in West Cocalico Township Monday afternoon.

Nelson Good, 61, was shocked when he inadvertently came in contact with or was too close to wires connecting to the home at 100 S. Blainsport Road around 1:30 p.m., according to Ephrata police Sgt. Matt Randolph.

CPR was performed at the scene. Good was taken to WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital where he later died.

Randolph said Good was among acquaintances of the homeowner who were helping with exterior work at the house.

Police spoke with witnesses and determined the incident was an accident, according to Randolph, who said no further police action is anticipated.

Jennifer Todd is a staff writer at LNP.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *