- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Rescue plans Meet the Goldens, bingo events
Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue (DVGRR) will conduct a Meet and Greet the Goldens and open house event on April 14 from 10 a.m. to noon at its Golden Gateway facility in Reinholds.
The public is invited to meet the dogs who are ready for adoption. DVGRR is a non-profit organization dedicated to new beginnings for displaced Golden Retrievers.
Tours of Golden Gateway, the halfway house where the dogs live and are cared for while awaiting new homes, will be conducted during the event. Visitors can also shop in Pap’s Place, DVGRR’s on-site retail center. From clothing and cards to toys and treats, shoppers will find a wide variety of unique accessories and springtime gifts for pets and people. Refreshments will be available for purchase in BLT’s food area.
Adoptions will be made only to pre-approved applicants on April 14.’ Those persons are encouraged to come early to meet the dogs as they must sign up for the ones in which they have an interest by 11:30 a.m. Others interested in adopting will have the opportunity to meet the dogs and complete applications on site that day.
Golden Gateway is located at 60 Vera Cruz Road, Reinholds, just off Route 897. Visitors are encouraged and welcome, but those attending should not bring other dogs with them. Only DVGRR dogs awaiting adoption are permitted on the property that day.
A basket bingo to benefit DVGRR also will be held on April 22 featuring an afternoon of fun and prizes at the Reinholds Fire Company.
Detailed directions, adoption applications and profiles of the dogs currently available for adoption and more information on either event are available at dvgrr.org or by calling 484-4799.