- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Schoeneck Veteran’s Memorial Association hosts holiday parade
The annual Memorial Day parade and memorial service sponsored by the Schoeneck Veteran’s Memorial Association (SVMA) will take place May 27.
The parade forms at 8:30 a.m. at the carnival grounds and steps off at 9 a.m. sharp. Bikes, walkers, floats, cars, military vehicles, etc. are welcome to participate and cash prizes will be awarded to all participants. Veterans are invited to ride on a parade float which will be provided. The Heidelberg Band will perform parade music.
This year’s speaker is Lewis B. Alston, the Chaplain of the USMC, Lancaster County Detachment 294. The memorial service will be held at the military memorial, which is located at the Schoeneck Park entrance. Free refreshments are available at the conclusion of the memorial service.
The SVMA will offer the following items for sale: dedication booklets, commemorative bricks, dedication DVD, WW II memorial photographs, tree sponsorships and pre-designated donations in honor and in memory of loved ones. Proceeds benefit the SVMA and the upkeep of the war memorial.