- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Schoeneck Veteran’s Memorial Association hosts holiday parade
The annual Memorial Day parade and memorial service sponsored by the Schoeneck Veteran’s Memorial Association (SVMA) will take place May 27.
The parade forms at 8:30 a.m. at the carnival grounds and steps off at 9 a.m. sharp. Bikes, walkers, floats, cars, military vehicles, etc. are welcome to participate and cash prizes will be awarded to all participants. Veterans are invited to ride on a parade float which will be provided. The Heidelberg Band will perform parade music.
This year’s speaker is Lewis B. Alston, the Chaplain of the USMC, Lancaster County Detachment 294. The memorial service will be held at the military memorial, which is located at the Schoeneck Park entrance. Free refreshments are available at the conclusion of the memorial service.
The SVMA will offer the following items for sale: dedication booklets, commemorative bricks, dedication DVD, WW II memorial photographs, tree sponsorships and pre-designated donations in honor and in memory of loved ones. Proceeds benefit the SVMA and the upkeep of the war memorial.