- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Stoudt’s supports hero
Stoudt’s Brewing Company, along with Santino’s Restaurant, will be honoring an officer lost in the line of duty.
The Adamstown-based company will team up with the restaurant Aug. 5 and Aug. 6 from 5 to 10 p.m. to host an event at Santino’s Restaurant in Wyomissing. The event will recognize Berks County Deputy Sheriff Kyle Pagerly’s hard work, dedication and passion in protecting his community.
Pagerly was shot and killed while serving a warrant as part of a fugitive task force at a home on Pine Swamp Road in Albany Township.
When task force members arrived at the scene the suspect ran into the woods. Pagerly and his canine pursued the suspect. When officers located the suspect he opened fire with an AK-47, striking Pagerly in the head. Other officers returned fire and killed the subject.
Pagerly was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital where he succumbed to his wounds. He was a U.S. Army veteran and had served with the Berks County Sheriff’s Department for five years. He also served with the Spring Township Fire Department. He is survived by his wife, Alecia, and his beloved family.
To assist in the effort to raise money for this community-driven effort, call Gabe DiMariano at (610) 670-2052.