- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Summer of music
The Cocalico School District held its annual summer band program from July 15 to 18 at the Cocalico Middle School.
Approximately 100 students in grades 5 through 12 attended the camp, where they learned basic instrumental skills, small group sectional rehearsals and large group band selections. In addition to the rehearsals, students performed a concert to the public, which showcased the selections that the students worked on during camp.
Band camp allows students the opportunity to keep up with playing their instruments over the summer months, learning new musical skills, sampling new music and more.