- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
The learning begins with pre-K workshops
The next workshop for pre-kindergarten entering the Cocalico School District and their parents, titled Kid Writing, will be held in the cafeteria at Denver Elementary School on Feb. 13 at 6 p.m.
These workshops provide parents an opportunity to spend some fun quality time with their child, meet other incoming kindergartners and their parents and learn about activities that can make the transition to school easier for everyone. They are open to all pre-kindergarten students and their parents throughout the district.
In addition to the Kid Writing workshop, the Cocalico School District will also offer workshops at each of the elementary schools. The content will be the same at each school, and the children will have the opportunity to visit the kindergarten classrooms. Pre-kindergarten students and their parents are encouraged to visit the school the child will attend; however, parents and students may attend the workshop at one of the other schools if necessary.
The locations and dates are as follows: Adamstown Elementary School, March 26, workshops held at 5 or 6 p.m. and kindergarten classrooms open from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.; Reamstown Elementary School, March 28, workshop from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. and kindergarten classrooms open; Denver Elementary School, March 29, workshop begins at 6 p.m. and kindergarten classrooms open.
Call 336-1403 to RSVP or for more information.