- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Tree lighting ceremonies bring on the holidays
Local residents are invited to officially begin the holiday season with two tree lighting ceremonies.
The Borough of Denver will sponsor the 2011 holiday tree lighting ceremony on Dec. 4 starting at 4:30 p.m. at the municipal building. The annual ceremony is a community event designed to bring the residents of the borough together to celebrate the holiday season. The festivities include the official lighting of the holiday tree by Ms. Denver Fair, Aubrey Robitzer, the singing of holiday carols and the arrival of Santa Claus.
Free refreshments including hot dogs, oranges, cookies, hot cocoa and drinks will be provided for all participants.
Also on Dec. 4 at 5 p.m. Adamstown will celebrate the beginning of the Christmas season by lighting the 45-foot tree in the grove.
This family event include a will free gift when visiting Santa. A brass ensemble from Cocalico Community Chapel will be playing Christmas carols and a live nativity will be performed by the local churches. Free coffee, hot chocolate and cookies will be provided. Food will be available for purchase.