- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Tropical fun for people and pooches
Enjoy an evening of tropical fun without traveling to the islands and help raise money to help homeless dogs at the same time. Jimmy Buffet fans will love the sounds of Jimmy and the Parrots. Come out and dance under the stars as Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue (DVGRR) presents Goldens in Paradise at the Reinholds Fire Company on Sept. 17. Gates open at 4 p.m. The music will start at 5 p.m.
Guests are welcome to bring their dogs along on leashes if they are fully vaccinated. All breeds are welcome. DVGRR is a non-profit organization dedicated to new beginnings for displaced Golden Retrievers.
It’s a night of fun for the whole family with games for the kids and raffles. Island picnic fare will be available for purchase. Goldens in Paradise is a BYOB event, but no glass containers will be permitted.
Tickets at the gate on Sept. 17 are $20 per adult and $10 per child. All proceeds benefit DVGRR and will be targeted to the organization’s Project Home Life, a program which helps to socialize breeder dogs.
The Reinholds Fire Company is located at 138 W. Main St., Reinholds, PA 17569. Go to dvgrr.org for directions and to purchase event tickets: exclusive Goldens in Paradise T-shirts.
Golden Gateway, the facility where the dogs are housed and cared for while awaiting adoption, is located at 60 Vera Cruz Road, Reinholds, just off Route 897.