- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
5K run kicks off Community Day in Rothsville
Plans are underway for the 13th annual Rothsville Community Day to be held Saturday, Sept. 20. The day will again kick off at 9:30 a.m. with a 5K Fun Run/Walk sponsored by Rothsville Family Practice. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. on Forney Field, Church Street, Rothsville. Proceeds from the $10 registration run fee will benefit a local charity.
Other events of the day will include kid’s games, music and, of course, food. A barrel train and bounce castle will be on hand for the children. The ever-popular helicopter candy drop will take place at 10:45 a.m. In the afternoon, Jack Hubley will present a live animal show. New this year is a series of skill challenges open to various age groups. Door prizes from local businesses will be given away throughout the day.
The event is sponsored by local churches (Jerusalem Lutheran, Millport Mennonite, Salem United Methodist and St. Paul’s E.C.) in conjunction with the Northern Regional Police, the Rothsville Fire Company and the Rothsville Ambulance Association.