- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
‘Beauty and the Beast, Jr.’
Disney’s classic “Beauty and the Beast” will be performed Saturday, July 26 and Sunday, July 27 at Cavod Academy of the Arts Community Theatre, 665 W. Main St., New Holland.
Young Actors Summer Musical Theatre Camp students at Cavod present the larger than life love story with its show stopping score features family entertainment at its best. Brad Vater and Candace Arndt are co-directors of the Cavod Theatre production that showcases 40 student actors aged 8 to 18.
Adapted from Disney’s Academy Award winning animated film, the timeless tale is about Belle, a beautiful young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped in a spell placed by an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
The production includes well-known songs such as “Beauty and the Beast” and “Be Our Guest.” Belle is played by Sierra Anatasia with Joseph Brye Balla as the Beast. Other main characters include: Gaston – Alex Weaver; Maddie Dopp – Mrs. Potts; Daniel Shirk – Cogsworth; and Ric Weaver – Lumiere.
Four exclusive performances will take place as follows: Saturday, July 26 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.; Sunday, July 27 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Ticket cost: students $6; adults $8 and can be ordered online at cavodacademy.com or call 354-3355.