- This summer, at the movies…
- Easter Egg Hunt List
- Irish dance showcase at Warwick High School
- Roots and Blues 2017
- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
Cellists will perform
Colón will perform at Grace Lutheran Church, 517 N. Queen St., Lancaster.
In an interaction interpretation, Colón explores the grandeur, darkness and celebration of the 4th, 5th and 6th Suites, those left only to the most daring of cellists. In the second half of the program the cellist is joined by Murray Foreman, on the largest of all musical instruments, the organ, to perform the Prieré by the child prodigy and amateur archaeologist, Camille Saint-Saëns.
The program rises to a finale with Handel’s spritely and lyrical Sonata in G minor for Two violins. The sonata is repurposed in this concert for two cellos, a practice not unheard of in Handel’s time. Colón is joined by his wife and Ephrata native, Cara Elise Colón.
A free will offering will be accepted. To learn more, call 397-2748.