- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Cellists will perform
Colón will perform at Grace Lutheran Church, 517 N. Queen St., Lancaster.
In an interaction interpretation, Colón explores the grandeur, darkness and celebration of the 4th, 5th and 6th Suites, those left only to the most daring of cellists. In the second half of the program the cellist is joined by Murray Foreman, on the largest of all musical instruments, the organ, to perform the Prieré by the child prodigy and amateur archaeologist, Camille Saint-Saëns.
The program rises to a finale with Handel’s spritely and lyrical Sonata in G minor for Two violins. The sonata is repurposed in this concert for two cellos, a practice not unheard of in Handel’s time. Colón is joined by his wife and Ephrata native, Cara Elise Colón.
A free will offering will be accepted. To learn more, call 397-2748.