- This summer, at the movies…
- Easter Egg Hunt List
- Irish dance showcase at Warwick High School
- Roots and Blues 2017
- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
Eicher Arts Center schedules free events
The Eicher Arts Center will host admission-free cultural and entertainment programs for the public on seven Sunday afternoons this year at the Eicher House, 409 Cocalico St., in Ephrata Borough’s Grater Park.
Jane Englert of Lititz, the newly elected president of the Eicher board, announced the following program schedule:
- Rizzetta’s Tones will present a St. Patrick’s Day-themed program focusing on Irish music on March 19, at 2 p.m.
- Tim Craven and members of the Craven family will perform American folk, bluegrass and “good old-time music” on April 23, at 2 p.m.
- Leon Hillard and the New Holland Combo Band will play music ranging from Dixieland to show tunes on May 7, at 2 p.m.
- At the annual Jigger Day festival on June 25, starting at 3 p.m., the public will be able to enjoy jigger-style ice cream sundaes as well as the Celtic music and Irish dancing of the award-winning Celtic Martins.
- Brad Crum will perform a musical tribute to Elvis Presley on Sept. 24, starting at 2 p.m.
- Quittapahilla Highlanders will perform Scottish and Irish bagpipe and drum music Oct. 15, at 2 p.m.
- On Nov. 19, there will be a special double program. Naturalist Lisa Sanchez will provide insight into the beauty of the natural world, focusing on birds of prey such as hawks and owls, starting at 1 p.m. Stephen Runkle will present a program on historic Native American culture starting at 3 p.m.
Englert said she’s pleased with the diversity of this year’s cultural and entertainment offerings. The non-profit Eicher group also operates the nearby Eicher Sisters House, which houses a collection of artifacts and educational items about Woodland Native Americans.
To learn more, visit facebook.com/EicherArtsCenter, or call 738-3084.