- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Celebrating 101 years young
Grace McCoy is 101 years young.
McCoy celebrated her 101st birthday Feb. 15 at Fairmount Homes with her family and enjoyed a slice of her favorite birthday cake, chocolate with peanut butter icing.
Her advice to everyone out there for a long life is “to keep very busy.”
McCoy was born in 1913 in Imler. She came to Lancaster to attend Lancaster School of Nursing and graduated in 1934. She is the oldest living alumni.
She married William W. McCoy and has one son, Richard. She spent many years on their family farm in Mount Joy and enjoys gardening, quilting, cooking and entertaining family and friends. She was a member of the Lancaster Garden Club and the Iris Club.
McCoy is a member of Christ Church United Church of Christ in Elizabethtown.