- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Celebrating 70 years
Kenneth and Anna Hopkins, formerly of Adamstown and now living in West Chester, celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary June 19.
They were married in 1943 by Rev. Slingoff at St. Marks Evangelical Reformed Church, Reading. They now attend United Church of Christ East Goshen in West Chester and are members of Peace UCC Church in Swartzville.
The couple graduated from Reading High School in 1937. Kenneth went onto Albright College to receive a degree in chemistry and play basketball for the college team. He later played for the Regar Sweet Shop and won several YMCA championships.
Anna pursued her career in bookkeeping in various offices while Kenneth was in the Air Force. Kenneth then worked for Bollman Hat Company, eventually becoming one of the owners and retiring in 1983.
The Hopkins enjoyed living in Adamstown for over 50 years and vacationing with friends and family in Cape May for long weekends.
Anna and Kenneth have one daughter: Gerry Ann, married to Eric Flicker, of West Chester. They have two granddaughters: Andrea Youndt of Glen Mills and Kimberly Evans of Adamstown and two great-granddaughters: Olivia and Sidney Evans.
The couple celebrated with a luncheon at church and a picnic with family and friends.
More HOPKINS, page A7