- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Celebration is blast for community
The annual Fourth of July Community Fun Night at Ephrata Church of the Brethren Monday night will offer a wide array of activities and events, with a generous helping of hometown hospitality.
Beginning at 5 p.m., visitors can enjoy an evening of fun for the whole family. Games will start the festivities at 6 p.m. followed by live music from Rock and Roll Time Machine, juggling demonstrations from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., pony rides from 6 to 8 p.m., a barrel train ride and a variety of food.
The event will come to a close with flashes of light, as a spectacular fireworks show is set off at 9:30 p.m. Spectators will get a close look at the display from the community event, which is adjacent to where the show will be launched from.
Parking will be available by donation. Door prizes have been donated by local businesses and will be given out shortly before the fireworks at 9 p.m. Guests can register at the welcome table.
The church is located at 201 Crescent Ave. in Ephrata. In case of rain, the fireworks display will be rescheduled for July 5. For more information about the festivities, visit facebook.com/ephrata4th.