- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Clay wins national award
Clay Elementary School has netted a national award bestowed for outstanding achievement to only two schools each year.
The school has been recognized as a National Title I Distinguished School chosen by the National Title I Association.
The school was originally honored by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for outstanding performance in either exceeding adequate yearly progress for two or more years or significantly closing the achievement gap between student groups.
Each state awards that honor to only two schools per year.as well.
Ephrata Superintendent Brian Troop said Clay earned the award by landing among the top 5 percent of schools in terms of achievement.
Clay Elementary recently received its award during the Title I Improving Schools Conference in Pittsburgh.