- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Construction begins on Keystone Villa Former Doneckers site will be home to new senior living community
Hollenbach Construction, Inc. is ready to begin the initial construction work on the recently approved Keystone Villa at Ephrata senior living community which is being built on the site of the former Artworks at Doneckers. Hollenbach intends to begin securing the construction site on August 8 by erecting security fencing around the perimeter of the property and demolition activities will begin thereafter.
Glenn Ebersole, Strategic Vice President, Business Development and Marketing, said, "We have worked very closely with the Borough’s elected officials and staff for more than 20 months and are very pleased to see the actual start of construction of this significant project in Ephrata."
Ebersole emphasized that the project site will be enclosed and designated as a construction area and that non-construction related vehicles will not be permitted to park on the site. The construction is expected to take 13 months.
Keystone Villa at Ephrata will be home to about 160 new residents. The four-story residence will consist of 139 apartments: 78 Independent Living; 43 Personal Care and 18 Memory Care. The project is approximately 150,000 square feet and includes the adaptive reuse of the existing four-story building that was formerly Eby Shoe – about 35,000 square feet – and 115,000 square feet of new construction.
Hollenbach Construction is the Leader of the Design/Build Team with Muhlenberg Greene as the Architect and McCarthy Engineering as the Civil Engineering firm. To learn more, visit keystonevilla.com.
More KEYSTONE VILLA, page A3