- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Courtney returns to Ephrata at Cloister
The Ephrata Cloister is very excited to announce that children’s favorite Steven Courtney will be performing at 6:30 p.m. at its Family Picnic "Fun" Raiser, this Sunday, July 21.
This is reported to be the first time that Courtney is back performing in Ephrata.
Courtney is well known in the Lancaster County area and beyond for his work in children and family music. He received the 2011 Parents Choice Award for his "Million Smiles to Go" album, and has also received seven Children’s Music Web Awards. For more information, visit his website at stevencourtney.com. It was also announced this week that Ephrata National Bank will be the corporate sponsor of this event.
The picnic will be held at the Cloister Sunday from 4-8 p.m.
There will be food, fun and entertainment with something for the entire family to enjoy. There will also be hands-on activities around the historic site.
When guests get hungry, there will be hot dogs, beverages, snow cones, popcorn and cotton candy available for purchase. Guests are encouraged to bring a blanket or chair to sit on to relax on the grounds of the beautiful historic property. There will be old-fashioned games set up for everyone to enjoy and a dress up photo opportunity.
Admission is $5 per family. All proceeds will go to the Ephrata Cloister Associates.