- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Death ‘not suspicious’ Still under investigation
"At this point there is nothing suspicious," said Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman about the recent death of Ephrata resident Alice Werner. "But we are still investigating the facts surrounding the death," he said.
Werner was found dead in her home in the first block of North State Street Oct. 13 after police received a phone call concering her well being.
"There was no trauma to her body and there is no evidence of a forced entry or robbery," said Stedman. "We will await the final coroner’s report, of course, but for now there is nothing to indicate this was a homicide."
Attempts to reach Stedman for updates Tuesday and Wednesday morning were unsuccessful. More INVESTIGATION, page A6