- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Deaths of Local Interest – July 30, 2014
Rosemary Blumenschein, 89, passed away July 23 at Magnolias of Lancaster, after a lengthy illness. She retired from the former Howmet Corporation where she worked in the production line. Rosemary was a charter member of St. Leo the Great Catholic Church. Her sister, Betty Waller, lives in Ephrata.
Ruth E. Diem, 96, formerly of Old Philadelphia Pike, Kinzers, died July 28 at Lancaster General Hospital. Ruth had been a seamstress for 34 years at various sewing factories, including SLC Fashions, Blue Ball. She enjoyed reading, sewing, and gardening. Her brother, Robert Ream, resides in Denver.
Ivan W. Fox, Jr., 71, of East Earl, died at his home in the company of family July 22. His son, Brian, married to Dana (Gahring) Fox, lives in Denver.
Nora M. Hoover, 58, of New Holland, died unexpectedly at her home July 25. Nora was a housekeeper and a member of New Holland Old Order Mennonite Church. A brother, Mahlon, married to Martha Hoover, lives in Ephrata.
Esther M. Miller, 86, of Manheim passed away July 24 at the Masonic Village Health Care Center, Elizabethtown. Esther helped her husband operate the family farm in Rapho Township. She also worked at the former Noggles Garment Factory, Manheim. Esther was a member of West Green Tree Church of the Brethren, Elizabethtown. Her son, Jesse W. Miller, lives in Ephrata.